- Source of Report for California
- The source from which the Interchange obtained the name,
principally The Jepson Manual, with additions from---
- "Synthesis of the North American Flora", a computer application developed by John Kartesz and Christopher Meacham and donated by the authors to the Jepson Herbarium along with unpublished material.
- Curatorial practices in UC/JEPS for noting new California records
- Searches in the SMASCH specimen database
- files maintained by Jepson Herbarium personnel for purposes of correcting and updating The Jepson Manual
- Searches in BIOSIS and the Kew Record
- Draft of publication on introduced California plants by Hrusa et al.