January 1, 2021
This page is no longer updated. This is an archived version of the pre-2018 CCH website. For the new website, please use this link ucjeps.berkeley.edu/consortium/.
Minimum Requirements for Participation in the Consortium as a Data Provider
Participation in the Consortium of California Herbaria as a data provider is open to herbaria
that meet the following minimum requirements for data inclusion:
For more information about how specimen data are displayed in the CCH, please view the CCH Search Supplementary Information page.
- Electronically available collection data is recorded from specimens
of California vascular plants.
a) Specimens records have an unique identifier (e.g., an accession number).
b) Unique identifiers are constant over time.
c) Collector, collection date.
d) Locality, including county.
- Specimens are available for consultation, preferably via loan.
- Personnel are available at the home institution to address possible
errors and make corrections as necessary.
- Herbarium is registered with Index Herbariorum.
- If specimen coordinates are provided, participants are strongly encouraged to record coordinate source data (i.e. georeference sources, "coordinates from label", etc.).