Workshop Policies and Procedures: Read this Page and You Will Find the Registration Form!
|University of California, Berkeley|
Jepson Herbarium Public Programs
We recommend you read our Frequently Asked Questions before registering for a workshop.Course fees are listed as Jepson Friend Member/General Public.
Workshops with registration fees of $150 or less require full payment for enrollment.
We require a non-refundable $75 deposit for each workshop that has a registration fee of more than $150. Full payment for these workshops can be made at the time of registration but is not required. If full payment is not received at the time of registration, you will receive an invoice for the balance due 60 days prior to the workshop date. If full payment is not received 30 days before the start of the workshop, your space will be forfeited.
We accept checks made payable to UC Regents, Visa, and Mastercard. Checks are our preferred method of payment. If you must pay with a credit card, we will call you to get your card information over the phone. Please do not write any credit card details on your registration form!
The Friends staff will only cancel a workshop at the request of the instructor or because of insufficient enrollment. If we cancel a workshop, each enrolled participant will receive either a full refund or a credit voucher, which can be used for a future workshop.
If you have to cancel, please notify the Jepson Herbarium as soon as practicable. The date of cancellation is the date that written notice (email or mail) is received by the Friends staff.
If your cancellation is received more than 30 days before the start of the course, you will receive a refund or credit voucher, less the $75 deposit. Within 30 days of the start of the course, no refunds will be issued.
Registration Procedure and Registration Form
1. Read our registration and cancellation policies (above). By registering for a workshop, you agree to the terms of these policies. No exceptions to the cancellation policy will be made, even in the case of a personal or professional emergency.
2. Pre-registration is required for all workshops.
3. Complete the registration form with your workshop selection(s), contact information, and payment information. Click here for a printable registration form. Use a separate form for each person.
4. Mail your registration form and payment to the Jepson Herbarium. Please note that for security reasons, we do not accept payment information via fax or email. Online registration is not available. After January 15, 2016, you may register by phone for workshops if you are paying with a credit card. Please call (510) 643-7008 between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM and speak to a member of the workshop staff. Do not leave credit card information on the message machine: it is not secure.
5. We will send you a confirmation email (or letter, if you do not have email) within 10 business days of receiving your registration request. If a workshop is full we will contact you by email or phone to let you know. Detailed workshop information and an invoice for balance due (if applicable) will be emailed to registered participants approximately 28 days before the workshop date.
For more information, please see our FAQ and/or contact the Jepson Herbarium