Use of any specimens or data accessed through the University and Jepson Herbaria or the UC/JEPS website requires adherence to the terms and conditions in the following usage policy:
- Data are intended for use in education and research and may not be reposted, repackaged, redistributed, or sold in any form. Links or references to University and Jepson Herbaria pages are encouraged.
- The quality and completeness of data cannot be guaranteed. Users employ these data at their own risk.
- The University and Jepson Herbaria are not responsible for any misuse, misinterpretation, or unintended consequences of use of specimens/data. The specimens/data are provided "as-is" and no warranty is given or implied as to their accuracy, currency, completeness, or appropriateness for use. Data users are encouraged to personally verify data before use in critical applications.
- Where applicable, users shall respect restrictions of access to sensitive data.
Data may be downloaded to files and altered in format for analytical purposes, however the data should be referenced using the suggested citations:
- Citing the entire dataset: "University and Jepson Herbaria (UC/JEPS), University of California, Berkeley. [link] (accessed on [date])."
- Citing a single UC record: "UC123456, University Herbarium (UC), University of California, Berkeley. [link] (accessed on [date])."
- Citing a single JEPS record: "JEPS12345, Jepson Herbarium (JEPS), University of California, Berkeley. [link] (accessed on [date])."
- The Herbaria may update or make changes to the data provided at any time without notice. Questions concerning the data should be directed to David Baxter (firstname.lastname@example.org).