- Access to the University and Jepson Herbaria Archives is by appointment only. Researchers will be supervised at all times by Archives staff.
- The Archives are non-circulating. Materials must be used in the Reading Room.
- All visitors must have a current registration form on file and must sign the guest book and provide a current photo ID at the beginning of each visit.
- All containers of any type must be stored in the designated area in the Reading Room. Containers include (but are not limited to) purses, handbags, daypacks, envelopes, and all notebooks containing pockets.
- Only one archival box may be used at a time. The rest of the requested materials must be left on the cart when not in use. Please put folders and items back in the same order and facing the same way as they are received.
- Researchers must use pencils when taking notes. Pens are not allowed.
- All materials must be returned at the end of the appointment. Researchers must remain in the Reading Room until staff has checked all returned items.
- Researchers may be asked to submit for inspection any briefcase, laptop case, or any other parcel, book, notebook or other personal property before leaving the premises.
- Permission to examine archival material, of any sort, if granted, does not include permission to publish the contents, or parts thereof, of the material examined. A separate written application to obtain permission to publish must be made to the University and Jepson Herbaria Archivist.
For more information or to make an appointment to visit the University and Jepson Herbaria Archives, please contact the Archivist.