THE JEPSON HERBARIUM

 -Jepson Image
W.L. Jepson
1867-1946
The Jepson Herbarium was established in 1950 by an endowment from Willis Linn Jepson, California's most eminent early botanist. The herbarium carries on Professor Jepson's life work of studying plants of California and publishing works that lead Californians to a greater appreciation of our rich botanical heritage. As the only herbarium devoted exclusively to the study of California's native plants, we continue to strive toward understanding the complex nature of the flora through systematic and floristic studies.

In addition to conducting classic and modern research, the Jepson Herbarium Curator and staff are dedicated to providing educational opportunities for interested amateur and professional botanists as well as support for conservation efforts around the state. We will continue to serve as a liaison between the scientific community and the interested public.

Jepson Manual Image
Flora Project
Interchange
Friends of the Jepson Herbarium Research Public Programs / Workshops


University & Jepson Herbaria Home Page |
General Information | University Herbarium | Jepson Herbarium |
Visiting the Herbaria | On-line Resources | Research |
Education | Related Sites |

Copyright by the Regents of the University of California