The Jepson eFlora contains taxonomic treatments for native and naturalized plants occurring in wildlands or otherwise outside of cultivation in California. Documented waifs and some agricultural weeds are also included. Treatments were initially derived from The Jepson Manual: Vascular Plants of California, Second Edition, available at the University of California Press.
The eFlora has diverged from the print book in that it:
(1) contains descriptions not in the print book (e.g., waifs, agricultural weeds);
(2) contains errata as well as other small changes made relative to the print book;
(3) contains direct links to the Consortium of California Herbaria;
(4) contains direct links to the Online Interchange for California Floristics, and
(5) contains substantive revisions of scientific content for some taxa, see Supplement 1, July 2013.