|University of California, Berkeley|
Key to families | Table of families and genera
1. Leaf blade white-tomentose abaxially ..... P. alba
1' Leaf blade glabrous or hairy abaxially
2. Leaf blade lanceolate ..... P. angustifolia
2' Leaf blade ovate, ± round, elliptic, rhomboid, or deltate (sometimes lanceolate on suckers or stressed plants of Populus trichocarpa)
3. Leaf blade rhomboid or deltate, margin crenate, serrate, or coarsely scalloped
4. Leaf blade deltate, margin coarsely scalloped ..... P. fremontii subsp. fremontii
4' Leaf blade deltate to rhomboid, margin crenate to serrate ..... P. nigra
3' Leaf blade ovate to ± round, margin finely scalloped
5. Leaf blade widely ovate to ± round, 2–4(7) cm, petiole laterally compressed ..... P. tremuloides
5' Leaf blade narrowly to widely ovate (sometimes lanceolate on suckers or stressed plants), 3–7 cm; petiole abaxially round, adaxially channeled ..... P. trichocarpa
Citation for the whole project: Jepson Flora Project (eds.) [year] Jepson eFlora, http://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/IJM.html [accessed on month, day, year]
Citation for an individual treatment: [Author of taxon treatment] [year]. [Taxon name] in Jepson Flora Project (eds.) Jepson eFlora, [URL for treatment]. Accessed on [month, day, year].
We encourage links to these pages, but the content may not be downloaded for reposting, repackaging, redistributing, or sale in any form, without written permission from The Jepson Herbarium.