|University of California, Berkeley|
Key to families | Table of families and genera
1. Perianth tube cylindric, >= 20 mm; inflorescence open; perianth tube red, lobes yellow-green ..... D. ida-maia
1' Perianth tube cylindric to ± spheric, < 20 mm; inflorescence dense; perianth tube pink or not but not red, lobes not yellow-green
2. Scape twining; perianth pink (white); staminodes 3, stamen-like, alternate stamens ..... D. volubile
2' Scape straight or ± curved; perianth blue, purple, or white; staminodes 0
3. Stamens 6, unequal; perianth tube not narrowed above ovary ..... D. capitatum
4. Bracts generally dark purple (paler, striped dark purple); flowers 6–15; pedicels 1–15 mm, generally < bracts ..... subsp. capitatum
4' Bracts ± white or streaked purple; flowers 2–5; pedicels 6–35 mm, > bracts ..... subsp. pauciflorum
3' Stamens 3, equal; perianth tube narrowed above ovary or ± so
5. Perianth crown deep-notched; inflorescence raceme-like; perianth tube ± narrowed above ovary ..... D. congestum
5' Perianth crown truncate or rounded; inflorescence umbel-like; perianth tube narrowed above ovary ..... D. multiflorum
Citation for the whole project: Jepson Flora Project (eds.) [year] Jepson eFlora, http://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/IJM.html [accessed on month, day, year]
Citation for an individual treatment: [Author of taxon treatment] [year]. [Taxon name] in Jepson Flora Project (eds.) Jepson eFlora, [URL for treatment]. Accessed on [month, day, year].
We encourage links to these pages, but the content may not be downloaded for reposting, repackaging, redistributing, or sale in any form, without written permission from The Jepson Herbarium.