|University of California, Berkeley|
Key to families | Table of families and genera
1. Plant terrestrial (or becoming so), of seasonally wet soil, lake margins, temporary streams, vernal pools; generally < 1500 m
2. Translucent membrane covering < 75% of sporangium ..... I. howellii
2' Translucent membrane covering > 75% of sporangium
3. Plant of wet soil; leaf generally > 8 cm, > 1 mm wide at middle, rigid, ± brittle ..... I. nuttallii
3' Plant of vernal pools; leaf generally < 8 cm, < 1 mm wide at middle, soft, flexible ..... I. orcuttii
1' Plant underwater in persistent lakes or pools; generally > 1500 m
4. Female spores prickly ..... I. echinospora
4' Female spores ridged or tubercled
5. Leaf abruptly tapered to tip; female spore 0.3–0.5 mm diam ..... I. bolanderi
5' Leaf gradually tapered to tip; female spore 0.5–0.7 mm diam ..... I. occidentalis
Citation for the whole project: Jepson Flora Project (eds.) [year] Jepson eFlora, http://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/IJM.html [accessed on month, day, year]
Citation for an individual treatment: [Author of taxon treatment] [year]. [Taxon name] in Jepson Flora Project (eds.) Jepson eFlora, [URL for treatment]. Accessed on [month, day, year].
We encourage links to these pages, but the content may not be downloaded for reposting, repackaging, redistributing, or sale in any form, without written permission from The Jepson Herbarium.