|University of California, Berkeley|
Key to families | Table of families and genera
1. Perianth parts ± free at base, not forming obvious tube
2. Filaments basally dilated, fused to form nectar cup, distally thread-like ..... BLOOMERIA
2' Filaments thread-like to dilated, occasionally overlapped or fused but not forming cup ..... MUILLA
1' Perianth parts fused at base, forming obvious tube
3. Stamens 3, equal (or 6, 3 smaller in Dichelostemma capitatum)
4. Scape generally straight; staminodes (0)3, alternate 3 stamens; filaments generally not forming crown-like tube ..... BRODIAEA
4' Scape generally curved, twisted, or twining; staminodes 0 (3, stamen-like in Dichelostemma volubile); filaments forming crown-like tube outside anthers ..... DICHELOSTEMMA
3' Stamens 6, equal or not
5. Filaments fused into tube with appendages forming crown ..... ANDROSTEPHIUM
5' Filaments free, appendages forming crown or generally 0 ..... TRITELEIA
Citation for the whole project: Jepson Flora Project (eds.) [year] Jepson eFlora, http://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/IJM.html [accessed on month, day, year]
Citation for an individual treatment: [Author of taxon treatment] [year]. [Taxon name] in Jepson Flora Project (eds.) Jepson eFlora, [URL for treatment]. Accessed on [month, day, year].
We encourage links to these pages, but the content may not be downloaded for reposting, repackaging, redistributing, or sale in any form, without written permission from The Jepson Herbarium.