|University of California, Berkeley|
Key to families | Table of families and genera
1. Calyx tube hairs appressed, not hooked at tip
2. Corolla 2–5 mm diam; calyx tube ± <= lobes; style < nutlets; stem often decumbent but base not creeping or stolon-like; annual to short-lived perennial herb ..... M. laxa
2' Corolla 5–10 mm diam; calyx tube >> lobes; style ± >= nutlets; stem base often creeping or stolon-like; perennial herb ..... M. scorpioides
1' Calyx tube hairs at least some spreading, some or all hooked
3. Calyx lobes unequal, 2 longer; corolla 1–2 mm diam, white ..... [M. verna]
3' Calyx lobes ± equal; corolla 1–10 mm diam, generally blue, occasionally initially yellow or pink
4. Pedicel in fruit >= calyx; corolla 5–10 mm diam; perennial herb ..... M. latifolia
4' Pedicel in fruit < to << calyx; corolla 1–3 mm diam; annual, occasionally biennial
5. Flowers ± in upper 1/2 of pl; corolla yellow turning blue; style >= nutlets; abaxial leaf hairs not hooked at tip ..... M. discolor
5' Flowers ± throughout pl; corolla deep blue; style << nutlets; abaxial leaf hairs hooked at tip ..... M. micrantha
Citation for the whole project: Jepson Flora Project (eds.) [year] Jepson eFlora, http://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/IJM.html [accessed on month, day, year]
Citation for an individual treatment: [Author of taxon treatment] [year]. [Taxon name] in Jepson Flora Project (eds.) Jepson eFlora, [URL for treatment]. Accessed on [month, day, year].
We encourage links to these pages, but the content may not be downloaded for reposting, repackaging, redistributing, or sale in any form, without written permission from The Jepson Herbarium.