|University of California, Berkeley|
Key to families | Table of families and genera
1. Annual (rarely short-lived perennial herb); heads generally radiate ..... P. emoryi
1' Perennial herb or generally subshrubs; heads discoid
2. Herbage generally long-hairy
3. Leaf serrate to serrate-lobed; leaves opposite or alternate ..... P. inyoensis
3' Leaf entire or each margin with 1–3 short, pointed lobes; leaves alternate ..... P. villosa
2' Herbage short-rough-hairy
4. Heads 2–6 in tight clusters; peduncle 1–10 mm; leaf blade linear, generally entire (rarely 3-lobed) ..... P. intricata
4' Heads 1 or 2–3 in loose clusters; peduncle 10–45(80) mm; leaf blade generally elliptic or lanceolate to widely ovate or round (sometimes linear in Perityle megalocephala var. oligophylla), entire, serrate or lobed ..... P. megalocephala
5. Leaves many, lance-ovate to ± round, 4–9 mm wide ..... var. megalocephala
5' Leaves few, linear to lanceolate, 1–4 mm wide ..... var. oligophylla
Citation for the whole project: Jepson Flora Project (eds.) [year] Jepson eFlora, http://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/IJM.html [accessed on month, day, year]
Citation for an individual treatment: [Author of taxon treatment] [year]. [Taxon name] in Jepson Flora Project (eds.) Jepson eFlora, [URL for treatment]. Accessed on [month, day, year].
We encourage links to these pages, but the content may not be downloaded for reposting, repackaging, redistributing, or sale in any form, without written permission from The Jepson Herbarium.