|University of California, Berkeley|
Key to families | Table of families and genera
1. Plant ± sprawling; calyx lobes fused ± to tip, surface netted, tube enclosing fruit ..... D. multifida
1' Plant generally erect; calyx deeply 5-lobed, ± spheric, surface not netted, lobes generally folded over fruit
2. Leaf blade lobed, 3–65 mm; sepals glandular; fruit wall not glandular, adherent to seed; seed margin generally ridged
3. Leaf blade ovate to elliptic, margin irregular-wavy to deeply pinnately lobed; inflorescence spike or panicle-like, occasionally terminal; sepals densely stalked-glandular ..... D. botrys
3' Leaf blade elliptic to lanceolate, margin coarsely wavy-dentate, lobes obtuse; inflorescence ± spheric axillary clusters; sepals sessile-glandular ..... D. pumilio
2' Leaf blade coarsely dentate to jagged-cut or occasionally entire, 15–100 mm; sepals sparsely glandular; fruit wall glandular, generally free from seed; seed margin rounded
4. Inflorescence bracts 0 or reduced, leaf-like, < 2.5 mm ..... D. anthelmintica
4' Inflorescence bracts leaf-like, 3–25 mm
5. Leaves, petioles generally densely glandular, stem glabrous or gland-dotted ..... D. ambrosioides
5' Leaves, petioles, stem glandular, soft-long-wavy-hairy ..... D. chilensis
Citation for the whole project: Jepson Flora Project (eds.) [year] Jepson eFlora, http://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/IJM.html [accessed on month, day, year]
Citation for an individual treatment: [Author of taxon treatment] [year]. [Taxon name] in Jepson Flora Project (eds.) Jepson eFlora, [URL for treatment]. Accessed on [month, day, year].
We encourage links to these pages, but the content may not be downloaded for reposting, repackaging, redistributing, or sale in any form, without written permission from The Jepson Herbarium.