|University of California, Berkeley|
Key to families | Table of families and genera
1. Glumes awnless ..... P. viridis
1' Glumes awned, awns 1–12 mm
2. Lemma awnless ..... P. maritimus
2' Lemma generally awned (occasionally 0 in Polypogon imberbis)
3. Spikelet stalk > 2 mm ..... P. imberbis
3' Spikelet stalk < 2 mm
4. Annual; glume lobed; inflorescence dense ..... P. monspeliensis
4' Perennial herb; glume lobes 0; inflorescence lobed or interrupted
5. Glume awn (2)4–7(11) mm ..... P. australis
5' Glume awn 1.5–4.5 mm ..... P. interruptus
Citation for the whole project: Jepson Flora Project (eds.) [year] Jepson eFlora, http://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/IJM.html [accessed on month, day, year]
Citation for an individual treatment: [Author of taxon treatment] [year]. [Taxon name] in Jepson Flora Project (eds.) Jepson eFlora, [URL for treatment]. Accessed on [month, day, year].
We encourage links to these pages, but the content may not be downloaded for reposting, repackaging, redistributing, or sale in any form, without written permission from The Jepson Herbarium.