|University of California, Berkeley|
Key to families | Table of families and genera
1. Abaxial leaf hairs dense, curly-wavy, interwoven, felt-like, not appressed toward leaf tip
2. Leaf margin ± to strongly wavy and often ± to strongly rolled under; pistillate flowers (1)3 per bract; inflorescence in fruit 18–28 mm wide; North Coast, Outer North Coast Ranges, n Sierra Nevada Foothills, Sacramento Valley, Central Coast, San Francisco Bay Area, Outer South Coast Ranges ..... G. elliptica
2' Leaf margin flat to ± wavy and sometimes ± rolled under; pistillate flowers 1(3) per bract; inflorescence in fruit 13–18 mm wide; Outer South Coast Ranges, Southwestern California ..... G. veatchii
1' Abaxial leaf hairs 0 to dense, straight to wavy, not felt-like, appressed toward leaf tip
3. Abaxial leaf hairs 0 (or sparse on young leaves); fruit glabrous or near tip sparsely hairy ..... G. fremontii
3' Abaxial leaf hairs sparse to dense; fruit dense-hairy, glabrous, or near tip sparsely hairy
4. Abaxial leaf hairs dense, fine, wavy ..... G. congdonii
4' Abaxial leaf hairs sparse to dense, ± coarse, straight to ± curved
5. Fruit glabrous or near tip sparsely hairy; abaxial leaf hairs generally dense; Northwestern California ..... G. buxifolia
5' Fruit generally dense-hairy; abaxial leaf hairs sparse to ± dense; Northwestern California, Sierra Nevada, Central Western California, Southwestern California, Desert Mountains ..... G. flavescens
Citation for the whole project: Jepson Flora Project (eds.) [year] Jepson eFlora, http://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/IJM.html [accessed on month, day, year]
Citation for an individual treatment: [Author of taxon treatment] [year]. [Taxon name] in Jepson Flora Project (eds.) Jepson eFlora, [URL for treatment]. Accessed on [month, day, year].
We encourage links to these pages, but the content may not be downloaded for reposting, repackaging, redistributing, or sale in any form, without written permission from The Jepson Herbarium.